IIMB is known for excellence in research and scholarship, global character, values, diversity, and for the impact we make on multiple stakeholders and the society. We have defined four cornerstones to guide us – developing a world-class research and teaching ecosystem, leveraging technology, creating a global perspective, and infusing an entrepreneurial mind-set among our students. The school has always been a hub of innovative activity and is always on the lookout for opportunities to collaborate with the industry as well as other academic institutions the world over.
Innovation and research at the institute have been given a fillip with the establishment of Centers of Excellence in various areas ranging from Public Policy, Corporate Governance to Financial Markets and Risk Management. Two new research labs, one for Big Data and another for Behavioral Research, have been set up recently. The Centers at IIMB are, NS Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning, Centre for Public Policy, Centre for management communication, Centre for Software & Information Technology Management, Centre for Enterprise Resource Planning, Centre for Corporate Governance and Citizenship, Centre for Supply Chain Management, Centre for Financial Markets and Risk Management, India-Japan Study center, Israel center and Centre for teaching and learning.
Rankings & Accreditation
IIMB has obtained the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation, introduced by the European Foundation for Management Education (EFMD). In December 2016, IIM Bangalore was re-accredited by EQUIS for a further period of 5 years.
Five-year accreditation, the highest that EQUIS confers, is a testimony to the fact that the evaluating team was confident about IIMB’s ability to sustain its efforts undertaken to achieve excellent standards in education, internationalization and research.
For the tenth consecutive year, IIMB ranked #1 Business School in Central Asia region in 2018 by the Eduniversal Masters Ranking, Paris.
IIM Bangalore has bagged the top spot in India in the QS University Rankings 2019, in the Business and Management Studies category. The institute has received the top spot, by breaking into the global 51 to 100 range and among the top 15 in Asia.
Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP)
- Ranked #1 in India and among the Top 25 list of schools, globally by the ‘QS World University Ranking 2019’.
- Continues to be in the Top 5 list of schools in Asia-pacific and Top 30 schools, globally by the ‘Financial master’s in Master in Management category.
Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP)
- Ranked among the top 10 business schools in Asia-pacific and ranked 33rd globally by the Financial Times in Global MBA category.
Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management (PGPEM)
- Ranked among the Top 15 list of schools in the Asia-pacific region by the ‘QS World University Ranking 2018’ in Executive MBA category.
Executive Education Programmes (EEP)
- Ranked among the Top 10 list of schools in the Asia-pacific region for both Open and Custom Programmes, by the ‘Financial Times’.
- Ranked #1 in ‘India Rankings 2019’, by the ‘National Institutional Ranking Framework’ (NIRF), Ministry of Human Resource Development, India.
- Ranked #2 in ‘India Rankings 2018’, by the ‘National Institutional Ranking Framework’ (NIRF), Ministry of Human Resource Development, India.